Monday, June 2, 2008

Oh the days they do grow short...

It is now down to less than a month and the pace is quickening. I have completed the last of my near term consulting in Oklahoma and Louisiana. While that has been rewarding and even fun, my attention, like that of my wife, must now focus on the next few weeks.

As far as packing, it is a bit of wondering what I don't know since, I don't yet know it. I know that is a prime example of circular reasoning at it's best. Items I know to pack such as spare eyeglasses and various medications are easy. It is the item that I would reach over and obtain here at home that will then require a 5 hour flight to obtain from the same place that I will miss.

Be that as it may, it is a very great thing when my wife tells me several times that she is excited about this new adventure. Already this has reaped rewards...we know that at our ages we can still resuffle the deck and once again hope for a winning hand. Life is good no? We are so hugely fortunate it sometimes boggles my mind.

Our children are throwing a party for us June 14th here at our house and aside from it being great to see them, it will also see such a mingling of people from our various 'pasts' all at the same place enjoying the comraderie of everyone. My thanks to my children for their support and love during this next adventure. My ever lasting gratitude to all of our friends and family who have responded so positively in our discussions of this.

Matt

No comments: